Sunday, January 31, 2016

HPCelebration, Fantastic Beasts, Cursed Child... it's a Potter Year!

In case some of you weren't aware of this: I am a huge Potterhead. And as today, January 31st, begins, it dawns on me just how deeply entwined these stories have been with my life.


It's funny, because when my Dad came back from a business trip with this book "he just knew I'd love", six-year-old me had no idea that she was about to be introduced to some of the best friends she'd ever have.
Fifteen years later, and I'm lying here. It's 1am on my mother's birthday, and Harry Potter has made something of a comeback into my life. The irony isn't lost on me that it was five years ago, on July 15th 2011, that Deathly Hallows Part 2 came out in cinemas... and my mum passed away. It's funny how life is cyclical like that; that day five years ago, I said goodbye to my childhood in more ways than expected. And now, years later, on yet another memorable date, it's come knocking again. I, for one, am thrilled to have more Potter in my life, and very excited to go on new adventures in the Wizarding World.

For news, videos and more about both Fantastic Beasts and The Cursed Child, follow #HPCelebration on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)