Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fallen Fourth Down

Title: Fallen Fourth Down (Fallen Crest High #4)
Author: Tijan
Genre: YA contemporary
Rating: 4.5/5
Cover: 10/10

These books. Honestly, they keep on surprising me by how fast I get through them.

Mason was on top form here, I have to say. I kept screaming at Sam to tell him, but I could also see her reasoning. And yet this man... he never even hesitates. He loves her so much, and he gave me so many feels, I just. I need a Mason moment *deep breaths*
Logan, what can I say? He's never been quite so awesome as Mason, and I finally figured out why - his mood swings give me some serious whiplash. He goes from joking to I-will-kill-you mode in 1 New York second, and it seriously does my head. Also, he was a bit of an ass to Sam. And he never did answer her; I don't care what he told Mason, of course he'd say something that wouldn't break them apart, but I'm not quite sold on it yet. And I really like Kris, and didn't appreciate how he treated her.
Heather, though. I cannot wait to see more of her! That chick is crazy and she's awesome. I'm so glad Sam finally has a decent friend.
As for Sam herself, well. This book was a little bit of a tough one to like her in. She kept going on about how she's going to stand on her own two feet, and yet she didn't have the spine to tell her boyfriend this massive secret. I do absolutely applaud how she dealt with Jackson though. I was worried for a second there we'd have a love triangle - less worried about Marissa, which just goes to show how much I trust Mason. I don't trust the guys very easily, and I dare say the last book I reviewed, Pieces of You, only cemented that mistrust. And yet... not even a flicker of doubt or fear that he'd stray. Well done, Mase. You have officially entered the ranks of my book husbands. They would never ever cheat. Take a seat please - and that I'd have to scream at my kindle like a madwoman. Thankfully, it wasn't needed. A 4.5/5 for Sam's behaviour, though. Also, seriously, overreaction much with the whole Marissa/hall incident? Jeez. He had it under control, I don't see why she freaked so much. As for her assertion that she's going to stand beside Mason, well we'll see about that, I guess. I really hope that she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)