Monday, September 15, 2014

Illusions of Fate

Title: Illusions of Fate
Author: Kiersten White
Genre: YA
Rating: 5/5
Cover: 10/10

I don't know about Downtown Abbey, cause I don't watch it (yes, yes, I know...) but in my humble opinion, this was way better than The Mortal Instruments, so take the Cassandra Clare part with a pinch of salt.

I loved Jessamin. She is so headstrong, and determined to go after her dreams, it was really nice to read. She is thrust into this world of magic, helter-skelter, and yet she manages to maintain a level of cool confidence - both in herself and in others - that was just awesome to read.
As for Finn, well. He was infuriatingly cute, and the scenes between those two were, without a doubt, some of the best scenes. Their banter was off the scale, and seeing the high-and-mighty magician thrown by an 'island rat' was loads of fun.

Beware of the twist at the end, though. There are two, one of which was pretty obvious, but the other one threw me for a loop entirely.
I look forward to the possible short story from one of my favourite characters, Eleanor. I felt like there was a whole lot of story potential there, and hope to see something about her in the near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)