Monday, September 15, 2014

Heir of Fire

Title: Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3)
Author: Sarah J Maas
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Rating: 5/5
Cover: 8/10

Warning: contains minor spoilers.

I don't have the words to explain this book, truly don't.
Celaena has always been one of my favourite characters because she's so very real. She grieves and feels pain and almost crumbles under it. But she doesn't, because she keeps on fighting, and that is something I admire a great deal.
And in this book, this was even more obvious than in the others; struggling to come to terms with Nehemia's death, she's lost and adrift, having left her friends behind (most notably Dorian, who, bless his soul, stand behind her no matter what - he better not be dead or else...). But then, enter Rowan.
You know, a friend a long time ago told me this theory she'd found somewhere that everyone had three soulmates in the world. The thing is, most people associate that word with romantic love (and believe me when I say, I would not be sad to see Rowan as king of Terrasen... just saying), but it is so much more than just that. They get each other in a way that is really something else. They have entire conversations without speaking a word, because they know each other so well. And I get it, it probably will never to lead to anything else, because of his fallen mate all those years ago, but I think that so far beyond that, he is what she needed, she is what he needed - they complete each other, and their scenes together were so perfectly written and described, it really was something else to behold. I can't wait to see these two get together and unleash themselves on the world.
Though Aedion (who is not dead, btw, I refuse to believe he'd be dead... plus he was in the vision of the future she saw, so there has to be a - pretty strong - chance that he'll live, right?) will not be impressed that someone else got swear the blood oath before him haha.


*rubs hands together* when can I get the next one? :)

Need more of Celaena & co? Check out my very spoiler-filled GIF review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)