Friday, September 26, 2014

Hallowed

Title: Hallowed (Unearthly #2)
Author: Cynthia Hand
Genre: YA
Rating: 5/5
Cover: 7/10

This book deserves all the freaking awards. To anyone who hasn't gone through what Clara goes through in HALLOWED, it might just seem like a sad, if interesting, book.

To those of us who were unlucky enough to lose our mothers at the age of 17 to cancer, this book is so much more. You don't get many books that explore so deeply all the ramifications of being a teenager and having your mother's days counted; knowing that they're counted, and yet being unable to do a thing to change that.

Having to say goodbye every night, because you just never know which night will be the last.
HALLOWED went deep, poked that festering and bleeding hole in my heart. I wasn't just reading about Clara. I was Clara. My deepest thanks and awe to Miss Hand - I just hope the feelings in this book weren't from her personal experience. No one deserves to go through that sort of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)