Thursday, June 02, 2011

Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow

Tile: Night Shift
Author: Lilith Saintcrow
Rating: 4.5/5 (The book... wow. Just wow. But I feel like the love story part of it was the norm: weird, a little rushed... eh.)
Genre: Adult, Paranormal

Most commonly known by the name Lili St. Crow for the bestselling YA series Strange Angels, Lilith Saintcrow is the name Lili uses to write her adult novels.

The first one of the Jill Kismet series, composed of five books, is called Night Shift, and boy... it blew my mind away.

Lately I've been confronted with a huge unease as to what I want to read. It's so easy to come across the same kind of thing - normal girl, hot supernatural guy, yadda yadda yadda. I couldn't stand it anymore, and so I was taking refuge in chick lit, pure and simple, because let's face it, that sutff never gets old.
But when I decided to return to the world of the supernatural, I wanted something... fresh, or as fresh as it can get nowadays. So I picked out Lili, who I knew from Strange Angels, has a taste for the gory, and that in and of itself is pretty refreshing.

Night Shift tells the story of Jillian Kismet, a Hunter who makes sure none of the nasty things that go bump in the night make too much damage to the human population of her city. But she's not a normal hunter - she made a deal with the devil to make her stronger.
The problem is, now that hellbreed she made a deal with, Perry, is getting elusive in his doings, and things are getting very, very messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)